This delivery truck is empty!ADD SOME PRODUCTS
We Don't Deliver to Your Area Yet..
If you are close: send us an email and we can see if we can get orders to you with a small delivery fee.
If you are really far away: get involved in your community and see if you can rally up enough folks to join in. We need about 15-20 people to start service to a new area.
We Deliver to Your Area!
Greek Wedge Salad Recipe
Price dependent on items selected. Actual price will be reflected in the cart.
**recipe box will automatically add to cart everything you need to make the recipe. If you already have something you can delete it by modifying the box. There also may be vegan, keto or gluten free options you can sub
INCLUDES FULL SIZE PRODUCTS, NOT PORTIONS
- 2 heads of romaine
- 1 ½ cups halved or quartered cherry tomatoes, depending on their size
- ⅔ cup chopped seeded cucumber (about ½ medium garden cucumber)
- ⅔ cup chopped celery (about 2 ribs)
- ¼ cup pitted and halved Kalamata olives
- 1 shallot, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ½ teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint and/or basil
- To prepare the salads: Halve the heads of romaine lengthwise, all the way through their bases so the halves stay intact. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, celery, olives, shallot, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Toss to combine and set aside to marinate.
- To prepare the dressing: In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, combine all of the ingredients, starting with the lower amounts of lemon juice and garlic. Whisk to blend. Taste, and add more lemon juice if it tastes bitter or needs more zip, and more garlic if it could pack more of a punch (I like my dressing on the garlicky side). Season generously with pepper, whisk again, and set aside.
- To assemble: Place each romaine halve on its own dinner plate. Top each one generously with the tomato salad mixture. With a spoon, drizzle the dressing rather liberally over the salads, then finish them with a sprinkle of feta (if using) and chopped herbs. Serve immediately, with sharp butter or steak knives to aid slicing.